Several surgery field can achieve remarkable advantages by integrating a proper design of supporting tools and fixtures into the pre-surgery planning stage.
In the field of maxillo-facial surgery many innovative surgical guides solutions were specifically developed on the patient’s bone geometry to aid the resection process and prosthesis reconstruction.
Presently, the research activities are focused on:
- the reduction of the surgical operation time,
- the improvement of the prosthesis positioning
- the resulting aesthetic outcome
The advantages thus obtained were:
- management of complex 3d meshes (repairing, decimation, smoothing, grid etching),
- conditional selection of meshes sub-domains based on morphology,
- modeling of surgical guides for maxillo-facial surgery
, developmentof new surgical products.